Subject: [Leica] Re: Friday FS/WTB Policy
From: "Michael D. Turner" <mike@lcl-imaging.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:01:08 -0800

At 08:08 PM 2/9/1999 -0800, Bryan Caldwell, you wrote...
>Why is only posting on Fridays "fair" to everyone? What's unfair about
>posting on other days? My point is that the members of LUG are likely to
>lose opportunities when people decide not to wait till Friday and sell or
>trade in items elsewhere.
>
>I like the LUG community. If I decide to trade in a piece of equipment on a
>Thursday or Friday, I'd probably post it first and happily sell it to
>someone on LUG for the same amount I'd be getting from my local dealer in
>trade. If I had to wait a week to do so, I probably wouldn't.
>
>By restricting the ads to the "23:59:59 window of a Friday," whose window do
>you propose we adopt? We have members from all over the globe. I suppose we
>have to be prepared to keep an eye out for postings that show up on our own
>screens Thursdays and Saturdays as well. Is this somehow unfair?

I agree. Also the volume of these postings has not been that large, in my
experience of the past year.

I hardly think that buy/sell postings would intrude much on the
single-malt, underwear, or any other threads. The weekly volume we have had
spread over a week would be hardly noticeable, and much more "on-topic"
than crap like "MYASS". Turn the list into a classified ad list. I don't
think so.

Mike

"Sing whatever is well made..."
- -W. B. Yeats