Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday FS/WTB Policy
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:45:44 -0800

Dan wrote:

>A voice of reason!
>I can agree that when the list started, a time before I arrived, I admit, it
>may have been the consensus to have sales on Friday only. But organizations
>of people are dynamic, evolve, change, and grow ( sometimes diminish) and if
>the consensus now feels that items should and could be offered on days other
>than Fridays, then let it go!>>>>>>

Hi Dan,

As I said earlier, I hadn't been reading this situation and was surprised
at how the FS thing was turning into what appeared to be a battle royale.
And for the life of me I can't understand what the fuss is about, certainly
when we have delete keys, or are Macs the only computers with them? :)  I
figure that might change the topic!;)

<<<<John Beal is at a crux in his Leica life! He is trying to decide on a
prime lens for his M4-P; we should be helping the fellow spend his money
wisely!>>>

Of course and why not? Aren't we, as an understanding and easy going group
of Leica folks supposed to support and try to make our Leica lives better,
rather than throwing-up road blocks over some FS posts happening on days
other than a Friday. So far they have slid along unnoticed mid week until
one person brings it up as though it's the plague, and in doing so may
quite possibly deny another LUG member a "good price" opportunity for a
piece of gear.

Look if some big time dealer was in here flogging bits on a daily basis and
burning-up lots of air time, it wouldn't take us very long to exorcise him
off the LUG as an unwelcome interloper. However, most of the FS posts are
marked so and can be out of our face as quick as a click, so I come back
to. "relax folks, go take pictures! Or use your delete key quickly & stop
whining and think positive.:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant