Subject: Re: [Leica] Should the R8 be avoided? (was:R8 woes.)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:51:52 -0600

>Thanks for the input: this just might produce a more 'correct' image of
>the situation.

Alan,

I have never had a problem with my R8. The winder, which is a very early
version does have a contact problem. Something Leica has admitted and will
correct for free. The winder has changed, the problem addressed. So even
though I have had a problem with it, I'd say that it's likely that it would
be a trouble-free purchase for most people. I have never heard of a problem
with a late model (after this past Summer) winder.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER