Subject: RE: [Leica] Olympus OM cameras
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:52:03 -0500

but it's expensive, and my impression is that
Olympus has let the OM-line go stale.

- ------
Excuse me, but how can someone on the Leica list complain that an Olympus
OM3T is "expensive," and that the OM line has "gone stale."

The OM3T- which is no more dependent upon batteries than an M6 and has one
of the best spot metering systems around, is reliable, quiet, light,
compact, has an easily adjustable built in diopter system, an available
motor drive and power winder, etc. etc....is about $1000 less than an R8 -
on top of which, there are many more lenses in the OM line than in the R
line...Yes, Olympus has apparently given up on the pro-market and isn't
doing anything to expand the line...but the OM lens and excessory line is
far more extensive than the R lens and excessory line - and far more
affordable.

If you want to argue that the Zuiko lenses aren't Leitz lenses, that's
certainly another matter - although they're pretty damn good. But to say
that the camera's expensive and the line is limited? That just doesn't make
a lot of sense....IMHO :-)