Subject: RE: [Leica] Baby naugas-Warning, Off Topic
From: quem <annecy@hsnp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:16:39 -0600

>>In fact, my 1993 photos to illustrate an article on the annual nauga
>>hunt were ultimately rejected by "National Geographic" as "...being not
>>pretty enough and for being too brutal for family consumption..." and the
>>entire article was killed.

I can certainly empathize with you.  Reminds me of the time my fotos of the
spaghetti harvest from the Italian speaking Ticino area of Switzerland were
rejected by LIFE magazine.  They were magnificent, showing the strands of
spaghetti dangling from the trees and women going around with baskets
pulling them off.  For you luggers and luggites, spaghetti cultivation in
Switzerland is not carried out on anything like the scale of spaghetti
plantations in the PO Valley.  For the Swiss, however, it tends to be a
family affair.  It was a bumper year then because of the virtual
disappearance of the spaghetti weevil.  I had shots of the spaghetti laid
out to dry in the warm Alpine sun.  Many people are puzzled by the fact
that spaghetti is produced at such uniform lengths.  But this is simply the
result of many years of patient endeavour by Swiss and Italian plant
breeders who've succeeded in producing the perfect spaghetti.  For those of
you who love spaghetti, there's few things better in life than freshly
picked, home-grown spaghetti.

quem