Subject: [Leica] Re; OM Off topic (Enough is Enough)
From: John Irvin Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 14:59:06 -0500

    The one thing that I am painfully aware of is that we use the
equipment that we like.  The arguments of which system is better will go
on ad infinitum.  Because there is no real scientific methodology to
finally ascertain which system is best.  All of the criteria that has
been discussed so far has been based strictly on personal opinion.  And
personally I am tired of hearing about why some brand of SLR is better
that the Leica R system.  If you are personally satisfied with the
equipment that you own, I could not be happier for you.  But, this is
the Leica Users group, I subscribe to this group because I want to read
about Leica's and there users.  I do not belong to the N*kon, C*non,
O*ympus groups because I am not interested in reading about those
cameras.  I happen to use R and M Leicas exclusively,  right now I own a
R3, R4, R5, R6, and R7.  I use all of them and I love them, in fact I
happen to use the R cameras even more that I use the M system.  Because
there is something about looking through a Leica lens.  So if you ever
happen to be in Philly and see a big black guy with 3, 4, 5, or 6 Leicas
hanging around his neck come up and introduce yourself, I will hold a
conversation on anything but politics, religion, sex, and is Leica
really better.

    In conclusion what I would like to see is that we try to keep to
Leica's M and R and related topics.

PS I would be interested in a PHlug.   I am near the art museum.

One Lugger's Opinion
John Buford