Subject: [Leica] Boston LUG Irish Night - 29 July????
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:43:30 +0000

Hi LUGnuts, and many thanks to all those kind people who have been a great
help in planning our swing around the US and Canada in June/July. Some of
you we hope to see as we pass by; others are a little too far away to take
in on this trip.

My wife Carmel and I have a free day in Boston on 29 July, having flown in
from San Francisco the previous afternoon.

If Boston LUGgers feel so inclined, could I suggest a LUG get-together
(with wives, partners and SOs to keep Carmel happy) in a suitable Irish
hostelry on the evening of Thursday, 29 July? First round of Murphy's stout
is on me.

Fortunately our flight to London isn't until 1905 the next day, so we
should have time to recover from the revelries.

If the idea appeals, please could you Bostonian LUGnuts get your heads
together on an appropriate venue. My only wish is that it serves the Cork
brew, Murphy's, rather than just the black stuff from the Dublin opposition.

Fellow LUGgers, please bear with us while we get the details sorted out on
the open LUG - otherwise it becomes an email nightmare.

To get in training, I'm proposing to see if we can get a similar function
going in Vancouver around 10 July. More when I've finalised precisely when
we'll be there.

Finally, has anyone in Boston got suggestions for an outstanding,
interestingly situated and not-too-expensive hotel for us to stay in for
the nights of 28-29 July?

MTIA

Slan

Alex