Subject: RE: [Leica] 35 Summilux
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:05:01 -0500

The pre-ASPH 35 Summilux is a really terrific lens - It was, after all, the
PJ standard for what, 20 years.

However - If you are now starting from scratch, and can afford to do it, I
would DEFINITELY go for the ASPH. I made the switch and I have never looked
back. The ASPH is bigger and heavier, although not compared to its typical
SLR competitors. But the added sharpness at the maximum apertures, as well
as the lack of flare, make it the lens of choice. If I could only own one
lens, the 35 Summilux ASPH would be that lens, no question at all...