Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: US navy 90 f1/fuji film pushedFrom: Andre Jean Quintal
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 08:59:56 -0500

Hi group-

I shoot weddings for a living and I ALWAYS throw a couple rolls of PMZ in
the bag (I shoot 120 in the Hassy's)
and I've had GREAT results with a 150 f4 WIDE open usually on a monopod
(but have gotten away with a handheld now and again!). I've shot the Fuji
800 as well, but never pushed it. Found the PMZ abit grainy, but renders a
"warmth" that the clients seem to love. Have been experimenting with the
new Kodak Portra 4oo's...
this is some NICE stuff!! I went back to Big Yellow, after using the Fuji
for a couple of years. I've shot the 400NC at 800ASA and developed with no
push processing- outstanding! minimal loss in the shadows, has a really
tight grain!
Of course, now that I have an M4-P and a 90 2.8 Tele-Elmarit (Thanks,
Marc!), I'll be snipping off some great shots with the 400NC in 35mm!!!
(Hey, wait'll they see the Ilford 3200 Delta stuff! VERY artsy!) I'll be
carrying around my neck the M4-P with the 90 and 400NC, the Canon 7 with
either a 35 or a 28 f2.8 and the Delta 3200 rated at 1600 for the 'stealth
shots'; the Hassy 500CM with one back of 400NC (or VC) and one of the Delta
3200 (120!!!!- yes, I got some! And will be developing a test roll TODAY
hopefully. I'll post my findings of this new tool!!)

Happy shooting!
Can't wait to meet Boston LUGger's on the 20th!

Smilin', laffin' and wavin'
Bob Keene
"Everybody's Pal"