Subject: [Leica] R8 winder problems
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 21:00:14 -0800 (PST)

David,

R8 winder problems, tell me about it. My R8 and winder are in Germany for
the second visit, with a note from the distributor begging them to replace
the unit. My problems seem to lie in the camera [or so Leica tell me] and
are different to yours. My camera winder would occasionally go berzerk and
shoot off umpteen shots without warning. Camera repaired, with new switch
and shutter control, same problem, back again.

I have to agree with Harrison that the problems are too common. Sad to say
that the winder/motor problems which affect the R8 will damage the company,
and could just kill it. I wish I'd gone Contax at the moment, though as
I've said before, Leica have lent me an R8 both times the camera has gone
in for repairs, so its not toooooo bad. No winder though ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,