Subject: [Leica] RE: The digital darkroom
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:32:45 -0800

I entirely agree with you BD. I simply expressed my take on the situation.
We all know that Ansel Adams "created" his masterpieces in the darkroom.
Many straight prints of his negatives were just so-so images. A master
darkroom craftsman, can do wonders. But for some reason, it just feels
different in a darkroom. I have absolutely no problem with people using
Photoshop and other software to enhance or change their photographs. When
it comes right down to it, it's the final result the people see. They
either like what they see, or not. If they like it, then the whole process,
whatever it was, was a success. And that, basically, is what counts.

Jim