Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder Woes
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 19:15:55 EST

Dick:

Thank you for admitting the same mistake.   Now we know that there are two out
of (# unknown) that made this mistake.  I hope you didn't call your R8 all of
the names that I called mine when it happened!   There is a fine line between
love and hate.  I'm in love again.

Bob Bedwell

 >double-exposure mode and would not advance the film.  I was embarassed but
 >happy.  Needless to say, I took a lot of ribbing on it, which was ok.    I
am
 >sure that I am not the first one to have this same problem.  In my opinion,

 Yes, when I had an R8 and had taken it on our first trip with it (50th
 wedding anniversary trip yet).  I had the same thing happen to me.  I
 opened the back and took out the film (all lost) - still couldn't get it to
 work.  Used an old R4 for the rest of the day.  That night reading the
 instruction book and fooling around with it, and feeling sick, I found out
 what I had done!!  Embarassed is not a strong enough word.  I had forgotten
 about it until you posted the above.

 Dick Hemingway
 Plano, TX