Subject: [Leica] Re: Nice day
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:01:02 -0500

Like the f4 SA. the 35 f2 was made in screw mount but also in M mount that
can be converted to screw by removing a factory installed M adapter.
Original screw mounts are much more valuable.

OTH The prices you quote sound excellent to me. For $125 I'd take a chance.

Ken Wilcox

>Hallo,
>
>I've had a nice day today. First off all I bought myself a new car.
>And then by coincednece  ran into a SA 21/1:4.0 with VF for $250,-.
>Maybe not the best 21 ever made but for that money nice to have or
>maybe to trade for something else.
>The same store also has two SM 35/1:2.0 in not very good condition,
>both for $125,-.
>One with fungus and the other is totaly fogged. Only 577 of these
>lenses have been made. Is it worthwile to buy them, restore them (if
>possible? and sell them again? Does anybody  have any idea of the value?
>

>               Greetings,
>

>                              Michiel.

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>