Subject: [Leica] That did it!
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:24:21 -700

On 5 Feb 99, Dan Post wrote, at least in part:

> Ted-
> Glad you didn't scare him off with any tales about your underwear!
> ( Martin, if you're lurking, we have to warn you about Ted. He is one of
> the more illustrious LUGgers, published, feted and awarded kudos galore-
> and he has done it consistently by cleaning his lenses with certain items
> of apparel... we're all a bit strange, but Ted IS special!)

Wait just a doggone minute, Dan. That's my buddy Ted you're
accusing of being strange! No way!

For most of my life I have been cleaning lenses, eyeglasses,
binocs. et.al. in such a way as to raise the eyebrows of
onlookers. It was so intimidating that I would seek a sheltered and
private kind of an area to perform these cleaning tasks.

Well imagine my surprise, after being inactive in photography for a
number of years, when I learned of the existence of a marvelous
new cloth with which to clean lenses. The microfibre cleaning
cloth had arrived on the scene. I WAS VINDICATED! No longer do
I seek out a private place; I now proudly pull from my bag that old
pair of my wife's pink panties and clean away!

Damn, now I'm "outed". Been lurking after learning that Oddmund
had taken another powder, but just couldn't let old Ted take all
this grief.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org