Subject: [Leica] enlarging lens for sale
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:54:18 -0600

I have a 50mm f2.8 EL-Nikkor N for sale.  I am asking $100.00 USD for it.
Free shipping for USA luggers.  I have had it in my trove of darkroom gear
for several years and need to get rid of it so I can put it towards the
overhaul of my M4-2 and a rebuilding of my 50mm f2.8 elmar.  Lens has good
performance and of all the 50mm f2.8 EL-Nikkors I have used  thorugh the
years this is the best one I have ever used.  But as I have a Leitz Focomat
V35 with the 40mm focotar, it is just going unused in its bubble.

I had originally purchased it when I worked at a small newspaper in
Wisconsin.  They had one of those absolutely awful plastic rodenstocks that
were the lowest in their line on a Beseler 67C.   The boss refused to let me
get one for the company enlarger (he defined the word cheap), so I ended up
buying one out of my meager $200 a week earnings at the time and used it
until I left the paper.  The other lens was so bad, it was like having a low
contrast soft focus filter.  You dared not use that lens wide open.  Its
quality was beyond description.

The lens has been used, as I would consider it Ex++.  Comes with bubble case
and box, retaining ring for lens board.

cheers