Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:08:58 -0800

Alan Ball wrote:

> > The camera cost the same as the top of the line Nikon or Canon's it's
> > that high faluted macro 100 that blows the price out of the water.
>
> Mark,
> And the 180mm f2.8 apo-elmarit (next on my buying list), and the 19mm
> f2.8 elmarit, and the new 50mm f1.4 summilux and the 80mm f1.4 summilux
> and the 35-70 f2.8 vario-elmarit aph and etc, etc. None of those are
snip
5mm f1.8 USM or than a new Nikkor AF-D 85mm f1.8...

> But that's OK with me now, I've reached a zen state preventing me from
> nervous breakdown when i think of what I'm about to spend and what I
> have spent already. A state of Leica bliss, I suppose... :-)
>
> Alan
>
> > Other
> > lens are competitively priced even if made really by sigma or whoever.
> > I'd do the same though, give me one great lens and **** the whole system
> > approach. As Konica used to say in the sixties: The lens alone is worth
> > the price.
> > Mark :-) Rabiner

Yes Nikon has some dream lenses, but Leica has flights of Karma sutric
hysterically rapid eye movement psychedelically altered states of don't
try this at home not exactly sane proportions.
The trick is to tell your banker you need to buy a new chevy nova. Then don't.
Mark :-) Rabiner