Subject: RE: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:12:10 -0500

I admit to not knowing a thing about the reflexes beyond what I read here
and in reviews, and from the impressions I've gotten handling the R8...N
cameras I know a little something about, owning a battered F, and having at
various times owned an F Photomic, and later an F3, and having shot with my
son's F5.....
I will say that anyone but Erwin would be hard pressed to tell me that
images I've gotten with my old F and the 180 2.8 ED would be bested by the R
lens equivalent.... : o) ..Just as they aren't going to be able to tell me
that anything will beat what the M with the 35 SUmmilux ASPH can do..