Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens (now OT)
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:34:21 +0100

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> The new shutterbug came out today with the black and white cover and
> articles and I could not find the word "Focatar" mentioned after
> looking for two hours and two expresso's.

Your technique is off.  The proper sequence for a two-hour scouring of
ads is:

  (a)  Enter café and order an espresso while in the queue.  Down
       espresso.

  (b)  Order a double espresso macchiato and a tall double mocha.
       Sit at table.

  (c)  Down espresso within five minutes.  Then sip mocha for the
       next thirty minutes while reading ads in paper.

  (d)  Order espresso.  Down espresso.

  (e)  At the start of the second hour, repeat step (b)-(c)

  (f)  If, at the end of hour two, you have not found the ads,
       stagger out of the café, trying to walk in a straight
       line, while not getting distracted by every event within
       your field of vision and hearing.

Mochas may be exchanged for lattes ;-)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho