Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 02:55:49 +0200

- --------------5C55845F4ACC59146D782937

> I asked for advice on lenses to go with a  new R8 a few weeks ago and got
> alot of useful info, including suggestions that I not buy an R8. I think
> thats pretty amazing on a Leica list, and I do appreciate the info. I
> decided to buy an F4s. I looked at a used one and a new R8 together and
> liked the f4 better tho it is a chunk. I have a very nice collection of
> nikkor lenses which made the decision easier. thanks again for your help and
> advice.
> Steve
> ps. I have a Nikon FE2 with md11 for $350.00 if anyones interested.

Is this a joke? The R8 is a superb camera, perhaps the best SLR ever made.
I keep hearing how some people have had problems with some of them, well I own 1, and used 2
different ones at work (I use them exclusively there), and not one of them has a single problem
since purchased.
But please..... comparing the F4 to the R8......Well whats next comparing an 88 Accord with a brand
new Mercedes?
I also use the F5 at work, which I must admist is an excellent camera, again, one of the top in its
"category", probablt the best AF SLR, and I can see how you might have gone there over the R8, but
not the F4.

- --
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos

- --------------5C55845F4ACC59146D782937

<pre>I asked for advice on lenses to go with a&nbsp; new R8 a few weeks ago and got
alot of useful info, including suggestions that I not buy an R8. I think
thats pretty amazing on a Leica list, and I do appreciate the info. I
decided to buy an F4s. I looked at a used one and a new R8 together and
liked the f4 better tho it is a chunk. I have a very nice collection of
nikkor lenses which made the decision easier. thanks again for your help and
advice.
Steve&nbsp;
ps. I have a Nikon FE2 with md11 for $350.00 if anyones interested.

</pre>

ever made.