Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W output from digital devices
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:44:58 -0800

Mikiro M wrote:
snip
I right in assuming that when the
> resolution of scanners and printers is high enough to visualise a single
> grain of film,  such systems are *better* than any enlargers?
>
> --
> Mikiro Mori
> Strasbourg, Europe
> http://www.members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html

It is my impression that the resolution of the digital world can exceed
film which would mean that you would be able to get in touch with the
grain of your scanned negs.
"*better* than any enlargers?" is a qualitative thing that one would
hate to step into but you would have to say that in many ways "yes"
based on the numbers and the facts; "No" in others as it is a different artform.
Mark Rabiner