Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: CanoScan 2700, was digital vs film ...help
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:41:46 -0400

Tim and Allen:

I just sold mine for a good price on Ebay and got a Polaroid SprintScan 35
Plus.  Huge increase in shadow detail and ability to scan dark slides.  The
software is much better.  You just pick on the prescan what should be white
and what should be black and it does the adjustments.  If you have a
neutral grey in the picture it can use that to set the colour balance.

My advise is to sell it on Ebay, and get a better scanner.  I got nearly
$600 USD for mine.  Even my previous HP Photosmart did a better job than
the Canon.  On my web site, I rescanned an image with the poloaroid which
you can use for comparison.  It is the Anthony Taylor Basket Ball pictures.
 The left one is Canonscan, the right one is Polaroid.  These are pretty
straighforward slides to scan where the Canoscan was at its best.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/ncaa.htm

Regards,

Robert