Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens- user survey?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:37:07 -0800

D Khong wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Leica must have considered making a good enlarging lens. It must have also
> considered the competition out there - Rodenstock, Schneider and Nikon to
> name a few top guns.  To be effective, it has to deliver a lens that will
> outperform the rest of the heap and that will not come at a decent price.
> Yes, there may be a few clowns like me who may fork out $xxx for a
> Foco-break-your-bank-account-tar III lens because of my insatiable love
> affair with anything sporting a Red Dot but others may want to compare its
> price/performance with other lenses in the market.
>
> Will Leica make a low end starter lens that will attract those who would
> normally buy Rogonars?
snip
There is a real solid nitch market of high end high quality enlarger
lenses just like high end view camera lenses  (Apo and so on) and much
Leica equipment. Leica could come out with an enlarging lens for all our
dreams and not have to rethink its corporate philosophy. These are
plenty of smart people who know where the most important place to put
their money is.
Just ask Greenspan.
Mark Rabiner