Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:39:50 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

HI, Mark.
Agree that Leica should get BACK into darkroom...glad to see them at least
make a loupe!!
However, you'll notice as they changed their marketing from photographers to
collectors/wearers of high dollar status symbols, they gradually dropped their
line of enlargers and accessories....these people don't shoot much , and
when they do, they take their film to the same "boutique" they bought
the camera from and have their 3x5 prints made. They then use the 3x5 fuji
prints to compare lenses with their friends' lesser cameras.

Leica used to make tanks, exc. film cassettes (can't use 'em in a current
Leica....), loading aids, fine easels, and of course the superb enlarger
I have, plus the one I'd like (V-35).  Not much use when your clientele
can't afford to shoot their gear much for fear of lowering its resale value....

BTW, for the simpler folk, the above was MEANT to be offensive to specific
individuals.......if the shoe fits, yadayadayada....

On a serious note, been using nikkor 50 2.8 at school (decent at f8 or smaller)
Have a Rodenstock Rodagon-s (I believe) at home....for the "real" enlarger! (valoy)
The rodenstock is NOT embarrased by Leica negs on Pan-f.....if there's a
better 50 enlarging lens it'd be scary.....

Cheers,
Walt