Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: digital vs film ...help
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:02:05 +0100

     > I give up!  Just read the following and it says it all!

     > Jim

     > PS... I hope the most of you enjoy my comments, from the inside, on
     > digital imaging. I try to explain it without getting bogged down in
     > details. Most numbers are approximations, but close. The digital system
     > equivalent of film systems is indeed a long way off. Digital totes a
     > lot of baggage. It takes a hellova lot of 1's and 0's to equal
     > film. And then you have to put it somewhere. It will require a
     > breakthrough (we are working as hard as we can) in technology to close
     > the film/digital gap. I work deep in the bowels of digital photo
     > electronics. But I photograph with Leica M and R, and 4x5 Linhof. I own
     > a Nikon CP900 digital. I think the batteries died from non-use.

     > Jim again

Jim,
I always enjoy your posts! Digital or filter or anything else. (As a matter of
fact, I saved your message on the 'pixel counting'). Your arguments are easy
to follow, because you always give the basis of your words not just the
opinion. You refer to Leica documents including their reference number. You do
your pixel calculation so that I think everyone can follow.

And you have more knowledge about taking photos than many of us.

As we used to say in Fortran: Continue! (Please!)

christoph