Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:36:40 EST

Thank you Joe for the note and please pardon my ignorance.   I have regular
Rodagons (50 & 80) and they are excellent.  It is my understanding that there
isn't much difference between what I have and the APO Rodagons unless one
prints color.  I have been told that the APO really does improve color but has
little or no affect in B & W.    I print B & W exclusively and have no
interest in printing color.

Have you actually used the Leitz enlarging lenses?  Your comments are very
interesting and if true would probably save me some money.  I look forward to
hearing from you.

Bob Bedwell

<< I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 50mm APO Rodenstock enlarging
 lens. It is the best enlarging lenses I've used and it cost only $360.00,
 used. It produces great images, and is at a level of quality that would be
 difficult to significantly surpass at any price.
 SincStephensonerely,
 Joe >>