Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 vs Focomat !c
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:14:57 +0100

Gary,
there is obviously something wrong with your V35's light output.

The reason might be an electric one, or an optical fault.

At least the electric part can be checked:

Measure the voltage at the bulb. If the output is too low, you might try
another transformer (quick and dirty) or trace the fault to its root.

If you don't have the equipment to measure voltage that precise just try with
another transformer. However it should not have much more than 100 Watt
because most transformers are calculated with respect to a certain voltage drop
when delivering full power.

A pretty good opportunity to find a failure is the switch at the
transformer. If it is only slightly corroded you have a drop in voltage. Since
it is rarely used, no one knows about it's condition.

The other part is the optical part. I am sure you checked the lens. You
checked the bulb. But did you check the condensor and the styropor white
mixing chamber? Mine was a bit dusty when I got the enlarger. Perhaps a
problem there?

Hope you get it working

christoph