Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: glass or plastic
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:03:12 -0600 (CST)

Well, considering Leitz' luck with lenses from the late 40s/
early fifties, I'd expect the plastic to get cloudy, separate,
have the coatings rub off, etc.

But not to worry, the true believers will ignore this and blame
it on the cow sperm or whatever lubricants they're using. The off-
brand japanese lenses (bower, etc.) should be fine, however, according
to history.

As to filmless photography, the world may change to digital, but
Leica is immune to that.  The REAL photographers will still emulate
HCB, Lee Friedlander, and Garry Winogrand (hic) with their M-12-P
bodies and their 50mm f.68 Noctilux II lenses, while discussing
stashes of l990 scotch and cuban cigars and Porsche 966s and
other things that the "commoners" don't understand.

But I, like you, Peter, won't care about it....I'll be drinking
Boones farm and jammin' with B.B., Stevie Vaughan, and the
rest.  :) :) :)

Walt

On
Sun,