Subject: [Leica] Re: 21 or 24 mm M lens: advice sought
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:50:04 -0500

If size is an important consideration in a 21, get the 3.4 SA. Small and
light and better than the Elmarits (except perhaps the last one). It will
not meter on the M6.

Ken Wilcox

>I am getting myself a 21 or a 24 mm lens for my M6 and would like to hear
>what you folks think is the "better" one for me.
>
>I shoot black and white only, have a Tele-Elmarit 2.8/90mm and a Summicron
>2/35mm. (Yes the physical size of the lens is of a certain importance to me
>and I would always go for the smaller one if there is a choice.) I am a
>fine grain and sharpness fetischist, but I do not think I need the new ASPH
>lenses as I am very satisfied with the performance of my current 35mm and
>90mm lenses. Does that limit my choice to 21 mm lenses because the only 24
>mm lens is the new ASPH?
>
>I am into available light photography, street photography and portraits
>(but portraits is not what I am primarily going to use the new lens for, I
>am rather thinking of something like certain Jean Loup Sieff pictures). I
>would  be interested in hearing opinions on the
>price/(practical-usage-)performance relation of older type 21 mm lenses
>provided they can be used with the M6. (I have read what Ervin Put has
>written.)
>
>(...and yes, don't hesitate to email me privately if you are a seller.)
>

>--
>christer almqvist
>eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
>14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>