Subject: Re: [Leica] Palm Pilot and the LUG
From: Rick Floyd <rick_floyd@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:18:57 -0500

Mark:

I've poked around the web of various companies that make synchronization
software programs for the Palm Pilot.  I was able to find any that
support Claris Organizer.  That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  I'll
keep looking.

At the very least, I would export your contact information out to an
ASCII file.  The pick an application that will sync between the Palm
Pilot and your computer system. Until recently, I have been using ACT!
by Symantec for Windows.  Almost all of them will allow importing of
ASCII files and mapping of the field to get the information in the
correct location.  If you intend to maintain tbe same data on both your
computer and your Palm Pilot, then pick the application on the computer
you like the most.  If you intend to only maintain data on the Palm
Pilot, this only needs to be done once.

Hope this makes sense.  It sounds much more difficult than it is.  I
have been using PDA devices for the past 4 years and would have a hard
time traveling without them.  Let me know if I can be of further
assistance.

Rick