Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripods
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:32:03 -0800

steve wrote:

> I have gitzo, manfroto and slik. I like slik the best.
> ----------
snip
Manfroto is sure a classier name than Bogan, I remember old Lester
Sitting on his tripods in the back of the Old Photo Magazines. If they
were smart they would keep running that picture.

I forgot to mention that among my Gitso's I have a Davis & Sanford Model
RTS New Rochelle, NY with a Cullman ball head which I love which is kind
of funky in a nice way. -looks like it was made in a machine shop in
someone's garage. lighter than Gitso's which is putting it mildly. It's
original machined head was really funky. I replaced the nuts which
attach the legs with brass ones. I think they were bought out or is at
least are now distributed by Tiffen. Kind of a fatter Tilttall. I
thought Tiltall was the offical Leica Tripod and noone mentions it.
Mark :-) Rabiner