Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Polarizing Filter
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:38:33 -0800

 Tina wrote:
>Stick with black and white and use M's
>>and you won't have to worry about filters!

George Huczek responded:
>Was this a joke without the smileys Tina, or were you being serious?  Don't
>you use any filters at all with B&W?  Just wondering.>>>>>>>

Hi George,

I'm not answering for Tina, however I haven't used filters with B&W film
since I was learning photography things about 49 years ago. I have no
reason to use filters if I'm photographing people in a work environment
with an M6..

And I don't shoot scenics these days on B&W where I might be inclined to
use a filter for cloud enhancement that I'd have to hold a polarizer from
one of the R lenses in front.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant