Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Split printing
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:41:34 -0800

At 09:21 PM 1/27/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Jim Brick wrote:
>>
>> This system was made up of a split filter system. A percentage to the
>> yellow-green light and a percentage to the blue-red light. Percentage
>> switched by the paper grade chosen.
>>
>> Is this Split Printing?
>>
>> Jim
>
>IMO yes, did you enjoy this system, miss it when it was gone? I can't
imagine...
>Mark :-) Rabiner

I was 25 years old at the time. I'm 61 now. It's was difficult for me to
remember exactly how it worked. But as I wrote, it came back to me. When I
used it, I was simply selecting the grade paper I wanted. Didn't think
about anything else. These were commercial prints. Chain link fence for a
catalog, Block ice  vending machine (remember those?) for a brochure, a
store front, industrial building, etc... Just prints. Nothing more.

I'm interested in B&W fine art now and I'm interested in your printing
methods.

Jim