Subject: Re: [Leica] A place in India?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:23:09 -0800

Greg Locke wrote:

> Does anyone remember seeing pictures of, or know the name of the place in
> India (or maybe Bangladesh?) where the local people scrap ships on the beach???
>
> YES! this is Leica related. I plan on taking pictures there with my Leicas!

Greg, I know it's cold up there on that ice bound coast, but this is
going overboard to compensate.  But if you are determined, check out a
copy of a book called "Delta, The perils, profits and politics of water
in South and Southeast Asia"  By Daniel Schwartz, a Swiss who works a
lot with Du magazine.  BW and mostly all shot with Hassy, but with the
candidness of a Leica.  Introduction by Tim Page.  I think you'll like
it.

donal
- --
Donal Philby