Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: glass or plastic
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:46:58 -0800

Dan Post wrote:

> So, what's wrong with plastics?
> Dan

I think optically they are by a decimal point in a different league than
glass, unless they have caught up but I don't think so. I guess we can't
see that difference with our specs. But I always tell them " I am a
photographer so I wasn't glass", they look at me like I'm crazy and
maybe I am misinformed. One out of three of my specs are plastic.
Another reason is I take them off and put them in pocket or camera bag
or against non rubber eyepiece and scratch the heck out of them. Bring
them back for a free replacement and they make you wait for two hours
with noone else in the store.
Mark :-) Rabiner