Subject: [Leica] Polarizing Filter
From: "Peter C. Palmieri" <palmieri@cybernex.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:51:41 -0500

Armed with the good information that I received from this list about
filters, I went to NYC today to buy circular B + W multi-coated polarized
filters. The sales clerk at B&H, who was quite helpful, told me that I
didn't need a circular filter for my R4. I had just read in the Bove manual
that was the one to use for the R4. I got confused and ended up buying
neither. The sales clerk said that the circular filters are only needed for
auto focus cameras.

Who is correct, Bove or the sales clerk?

Thanks for any assistance in clarifying this issue.

Peter in NJ