Subject: [Leica] Characterizing rangefinder mis-alignment
From: "John Haugaard" <john@trinitytitle.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:47:47 -0500

When rangefinder mis-alignments come up in LUG discussions distinctions are
generally made between horizontal alignment and vertical alignment.

In my instance, when I attempt to focus my M6 on, e.g., a distant telephone
pole, at infinity focus, the viewfinder shows two telephone poles.  I have
the feeling that if I could just turn the focus a hair more the two would
merge into one.

Am I seeing vertical or horizontal mis-alignment?

Thanks!

John Haugaard
Decatur, Georgia