Subject: Re: [Leica] weird lens
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:39:47 EST

Isaac, the problem with the f2/2" ELCAN is the size of the rear mount- and the
fact that most of the Vinten cameras had a fixed infinity focus. You would
have to make a helicoil to focus it and probably 'carve" out a larger
lensmount in the M-body. I thought that it could become an interesting lens
for 120 film - a kind of Hasselblad SWC camera with the filmback closer to the
rear mount. Let me know if you manage to fit it on a M - nothing like a
challenge and it would be a truly unique M lens!
Tom A