Subject: Re: [Leica] Learn Your R Cams, Please
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:03:33 +0100

At 20:47 25/01/99 PST, "Hoyen ~simontart~" wrote :
I just purchased a Leica 50mm Summicron-R lens from someone on this list.
I had sent out a wanted ad for a "3-cam Summicron R German" and this person
responded with "I have a 3-cam Summicron R ROM for R8."  So I assumed this
person knew what he was talking about and sent away the money.  When the
lens arrived, I discovered that it was a ROM lens indeed, but 3rd cam only.
 So although I could use the lens on any R camera, the critical second cam
for coupling to my Leicaflex SL was missing.

Your wanted ad was ambiguous : ""3-cam Summicron R German" means (for me,
as a french reader) : third cam and not : triple cam as you thought.And
moreover there are no "german" triple cam summicron 50 (retrofitted lenses
excepted). All were made in Canada.So you got swindled.

Dominique Pellissier