Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat V35 enlarger
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:56:01 -0600

>My own personal and perhaps not common take on this might be the fact
>that I've gotten really enamored with this whole split printing

Ah, but this is where the V35 excels! You use the VC head, which is totally
solid. It doesn't move when you change the filter. Start with a soft filter
for most of the exposure to keep the highlights from blowing out, and then
hit it with a hard filter to kick up the blacks. I've used two or three
changes of filters for many. The V35 makes it easy as pie. Not to mention
the autofocus, which makes resizing a breeze. No up, adjust focus, down,
adjust focus, up a bit, refocus, smidgen down, refocus, just a nude up,
refocus...close enough.

With the V35 it's up, or down, until the magnification (cropping) is
perfect, tighten knob.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.