Subject: [Leica] Re: Softie again, & again ....
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:21:01 -0600

At 11:22 AM 25/01/99 -0800, David wrote:
>Second, and I don't know who posted this several months ago, (It's not my
>idea) I just take a couple of wraps of a rubber band around the base of the
>softie and it keeps the meter off and the shutter from firing when I'm not
>ready.

If you can't get into the habit of not advancing after the last shot, try
using a bread clip. These are used on plastic bags and look like a lobster
claw.  This is my guaranteed "anti-knock" device.  I should patent it. Use
scissors or toe nail clippers and cut out the claw opening slightly to make
it easier to insert and remove. It works great, and costs nothing.  The
plastic will not scratch.  It prevents battery drain if the shutter release
is partially depressed in a camera bag.

I would avoid jamming rubber bands in there.  If one gets tangled up it
will be a problem to remove.

 _
[o] -GH