Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, Minolta, Glass, Erwin, Marc
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:10:46 -0600

At 01:13 PM 1/24/99 +0100, you wrote:

>As for the polishing/grinding machines, many of them could be bought by
>any lensmaker. But it has been pointed out to me -in response to my
>remark that if this were true, anybody could basically have the same
>tools as Leica- that some of the machine manufacturers have entered into

If this is true, I don't see how it's going to be all that big a deal. I
suspect lens making is like picture making. The tools are important, but
it's the creator, not the tools that make the work special.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!