Subject: Re: [Leica] A new idea "off topic" lug -list
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:20:39 -0800

JeffS wrote:

> Dear Leica User's Group Member,
>
> Thank you for your recent submission; however, it does not meet our current
> needs.
>
> Reason(s) for rejection:
> ( ) Insufficient Leica content. We do request that as a minimum, 5% of the
> words used be either "Leica" or refer to products of E. Leitz or Leica
> Camera AG. A list of acceptable words is enclosed.
>
> ( ) Topic has already been discussed __ months ago.
>
> ( ) Stupid and/or uninteresting
>
> ( ) Unacceptable discussion regarding concealment and/or defacement of Leica
> logo.
>
> ( ) Discussion or, or comparison to, Japanese brands, including, but not
> limited to, Minolta, Canon, Nikon and Hoya, is strictly prohibited, as is
> any allusion to non-Germanic origins of E. Leitz and Leica Camera products,
> with regards to design, materials or manufacture.
>
> Thank you for your participation in the Leica User's Group; we look forward
> to serving you in the future.

( ) Topic has not been researched thoroughly and cross referenced
thought the morgue of LUG  digests and photographic encyclopedias
including the ISO guidebook.
( ) Topic involves incorrect use of the English Language or makes up new words.
( ) Topic acknowledges existence of Class, Race, or ethnic origin.
( ) Topic uses the initials UV somewhere in a sentence.
( ) Topic expresses a defined opinion that is bound to be disagreeable
to certain member os the club.
( ) Topic has slightly hard or ironic edge not counterbalanced by smiley
face.