Subject: Re: [Leica] Jobo processors
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:57:16 +0000

This LUGger will most enthusiastically endorse a Jobo processor.

I've been using a CPE2 with lift for several years for b&w film in
formats from 35mm to 4x5 as well as for the occasional E6 I shoot,
and I find it very efficient and convenient.  Here in the US, the
people at Jobo have been very responsive on the few occasions I've
needed technical support.

As for processing times, I myself have shortened the developer time
for Tri-X in Xtol to about 15-20% below the Kodak recommended time
for rotary processing but I adhere to the times prescribed by the
manufacturers of the E6 chemistry. The Jobo recommendation may be
based on the fact that the film is not constantly in the developer
and on the presumption of a presoak in water which would slow
developer action.  Process some test rolls in your preferred
developer at different times to see what gives you the best results
for your setup.

Roy