Subject: Re: [Leica] chrome body, black lens
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:45:56 -0600 (CST)

Hi, Ben
From l968 until about the advent of the M5 (l972?) -- the
"normal" color for the bodies was chrome.....and ALL the
lenses were black....most M4s are chrome, and ALL the lenses
sold with them (not M-4-2, the original M4) were black.....
Looks fine....of course, this was the "norm" with Nikon
from about 1957-79....chrome bodies with black lenses.

Beginning with the M5, Nikon F3, Canon F1, the "normal"
color was black....with black lenses.....

The only reason the chrome lens looks funny on a black body
is because it deviates from the "common" pairings that we
have grown so accustomed to!!

I have one chrome body (m4) and one black one (m4p) -- two of
my lenses are chrome, two are black!!  (and yes, I use the
chrome ones on the black body)  Over the years, I've had
perhaps 6 chrome bodies and 3 black ones, and ALL kinds of
lenses (Leica, Nikon and Canon LTM)

Didn't seem to mess up the mojo....
Walt

On Sat, 23