Subject: [Leica] Cambridge Camera Experience
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:51:57 -0600

My experience was nearly 20 years ago.  I  have not ordered a thing since.
I was a very poor and very V35 lusting college graduate.  They had the
CHEAPEST price on the version I wanted. (black and white, have since bought
color head).  To make a long story short, they promised delivery in two
weeks.  Four weeks rolled around and I was fuming mad.  We made a phone call
to  them and told them if they didn't deliver in 48 hours to cancel the
order!!!!!  Then I called and wrote the consumer advocate at the Milwaukee
Journal at the time and he got on the horn with them.

The very next day, a next day air shipment arrived at my house.  I don't
think one should ever have to be a jerk to get gear.  That $1200 I paid for
the enlarger in 1981 was (and still is to me) a good sum of money.  Still
have the enlarger.  Its arrival was so difficult, that parting with it would
be a tragedy.

gck