Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:29:54 EST

Mike:

Unfortunately all of these posts on Xtol have me paranoid.  My Xtol is five
months old and I haven't been very careful in my storage practices.  I think
you are absolutely correct in suggesting that tests be conducted before
processing important negatives.

Couldn't live without Delta and Xtol!

Bob

<< It always amazes me how so many of us (I've done it too) will risk
 important work with a couple of bucks worth of questionable developer. I
 recently souped some Delta 400 in XTOL that was about 3 mos old--no
 problem. Before I use it again, assuming I just can't bear to chuck it and
 mix a new batch, I will run a test roll first. The shelf life will vary
 considerable depending on storage conditions, including temperature,
 exposure to light, how much air is in the top of the bottle. Test first!

 -Mike