Subject: Re: [Leica] Studying Hebrew
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 99 20:47:39 -0500

>	 I don't know if you are a Jew, I am.  In response to your interest
>in studying Hebrew, I did a little research.  Most Reform and Conservative
>congregations offer adult education classes in both modern and biblical
>Hebrew; the modern language can be quite different from Biblical, but
>Biblical is easier to learn because of its limited vocabulary and easier
>syntax.  In either case, you begin by learning the alphabet, which is the
>biggest challenge.

Hi Buzz,

I greatly appreaciate this information, tho I got it from the LUG and it
is way "off topic."  I am not Jewish, and often wondered if I would be
welcome in such a class.  I do study the Bible and use Strong's
concordance, which has a Hebrew dictionary in the back.  From this I've
gleaned that the landuage is wonderfully rich and worth knowing something
about.  In my community (Princeton, NJ) we have a very active ecumenical
organization working to accept and appreciate diversity.

Thanks again.

Mary Kephart