Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Card
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:32:00 +0100

I am indeed a member, having joined at Photokina in September. It does not
seem that there are any hard rules as to where you need to live, although the
program is very Germany-oriented and would probably be of little value to
someone living far away. For instance, the ability to bring your gear to Solms
for checks etc. is attractive only if you live within driving distance (I do
not remember if you can do it by mail).

Perhaps more important than location is your ability to read German, as all
the materials related to the card, as well as the Leica World magazine, are in
German only.

Nathan

Lucien wrote:

> Jim Brick wrote:
> >
> > 1st, live in Germany. Nearby countries (Belgium, Holland, Switzerland,
> > etc.) by special arrangements. The rest of the world... not available. I
> > believe Lucien is an "card carrying" LUGger. He can explain fully.
>
> Jim,
>
> Sorry, it's Pascal and I think also Nathan.
>
> Best,
>
> Lucien

- --
Nathan Wajsman