Subject: Re: [Leica] filter usage + lens tests
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:25:28 -0800

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

snip Hey, I also
> used Minoltas.  You guys kill me.  Everyone gets so offended when someone
> says that an R Lens is a Minolta design.  Hey, Minolta is a great company
> and Rokkors were very good lenses.
snip

Rokkar's are good lenses but not great lenses. Leica has a reputation in
which "good" it not the issue. I'm extremely excited the way they have
taken the whole issue into their own hands and are designing and making
everything themselves in Solms. The results with the new ASPH techniques
being the key issue are going to reestablish Leica as THE Key premium
player.
Mark Rabiner