Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: filter usage + lens tests
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:04:19 -0800

At 11:57 AM 1/21/99 -0800, Peter K. wrote:

><snip> Four R lenses have been re-designed recently. And they were
>PREVIOUSLY LEICA LENSES not Minolta lenses. The 19, 28, 50/1.4, and 180/2.8
>APO <snip>.
>
>Prove it!

Peter, since the original statement "Newer lenses will be sharper.  The
Leica folks have bettered the
Minolta designs in more recent vintages of lenses." came from you, without
a shred of evidence supporting it. Just a blanket statement. I suggest, in
order to settle the argument, you post the source of your information. And
please list those lenses that are Minolta lenses, and those that are not,
and those that were "BETTERED" by Leica. I'm sure the LUG is interested in
any new information about Leica. Especially information that has not
surfaced before.

As with the M lenses, we ALL want to know which version, of the same lens,
is best. And since you seem to know where they were designed and
manufactured, please don't be shy. Tell us which lenses and where you got
this information.

Looking forward to your explanation.

Jim